[ Home ] [ About US ] [ Cebu ] [ Visit Cebu ] [ Friendship ] [ Immigration ] [ Links ] [ Store ] 

  Please! Sign our Guestbook...

[ FAQs ] [ Contents ] [ Contact US! ] [ Search

 Helpful Links (Immigration)

 [ Visa ] [ Forms Needed ] [ Getting Started ] [ I-129 Cover Letter ]
[ K1 Step by Step ] [ INS Check List ] [ How Do I ] [ Helpful Links ]


The information contained on this page are links to the immigration agencies for each government. Also included are shortcuts to forms needed in acquiring visas, passports, etc. Click on each title for a direct link to the source of information. You will need the Acrobat Reader to download these files online.

We do not charge any fees for these services. We are NOT tied to the BCIS and this is NOT AN OFFICIAL BCIS site. This is a public service link to their site and these are the answers to questions that we have been asked through the years. We  do not represent any of these offices. Please contact the BCIS, US Embassy, or the Philippine Consulate if you're unsure of the information.

 How can an American citizen marry someone in the Philippines
THE MARRIAGE APPLICATION PROCESS: Once an American citizen has obtained from the Embassy an "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage," he/she can file an application for a marriage license at the office of the Philippine Civil Registrar in the town or city where one of the parties is a resident. The U.S. citizen applicant will need to present: (a) the affidavit, (b) divorce decree(s) or death certificate(s) required to verify civil status and legal capacity to contract marriage, (c) U.S. passport, and (d) documentation regarding parental consent or advice, if applicable. (Marriage applicants aged 18 to 21 must have written parental consent. Those aged 22 to 24 must have received parental advice.) Philippine law prohibits marriage for individuals under the age of 18. A judge, a minister or other person authorized by the Government of the Philippines can perform the marriage.

Marriage to a U.S. citizen confers neither citizenship nor an automatic eligibility for entry to the United States. An immigrant visa is required for a foreign spouse to live in the United States. Questions about filing an immigrant visa petition to bring a foreign spouse to the United States should be directed to the nearest office of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, the State Department’s Visa Office (202) 663-1225 or, while in the Philippines, to the U.S. Embassy immigrant visa unit in Manila. Click here for more.
 Visa Priority Date Information
 Visa - Frequently Asked Questions
 Non-immigrant Visa Information
 Immigrant Visa Information
 How to Contact the US Embassy
 How to qualify for a Visa
 How to apply for a U.S. tourist or business visa
 How to apply for other non-immigrant visas
 How to apply for other immigrant visas
 "V" visas to persons previously petitioned as F2A visa beneficiaries – the spouses and minor children of legal permanent residents.
 Immigrant Visa Unit in Manila, Philippines
 American Citizen Services in R.P.
 Social Security Administration
 Employment Opportunities

United States Embassy Address
1201 Roxas Boulevard
  Ermita 1000, Manila
  Hours of Operation: 7:30am - 4:30pm Manila Time (2330 - 0830 GMT)

  Tel: (63-2) 523-1001  Fax: (63-2) 522-4361

Immigrant and Fiancé/e Visa Information Center Call Center Phone Numbers
  Calls within the Philippines: 1-909-101-0011
  Calls from outside the Philippines: 63 998 101-0012

American Consular Office - Cebu Address
  Ground Floor of the Waterfront Hotel 
  #1 Salinas Drive, Lahug, Cebu City
  (63)(32) 231-1261
  Open 8AM to 11AM only

 Philippine Embassy Online
Address of Philippine Consulates in the U.S.
Philippine Consulates and its jurisdictions
Philippine Embassy in Washington D.C.
Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virgin Islands, Virginia, West Virginia, Netherlands, Antilles
Los Angeles Philippine Consulate
Arizona, Southern California, Las Vegas/Nevada, New Mexico, San Diego, Texas
Chicago Philippine Consulate
Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Wisconsin
New York Philippine Consulate
 556 5th Avenue
 New York, NY 10036
 Contact Numbers: 
 Tel (212) 764-1330 or 34
 Fax (212) 382-1146
Connecticut, Delaware, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
Hawaii Philippine Consulate
Americana, French Kiribati, Polynesia, Samoa, Tonga
San Francisco Philippine Consulate
 447 Sutter Street, 6th Floor,
 Philippine Center Building, 
 San Francisco, California 94108
 (415) 433-6666 to 68
 (415) 433-6675
 (415) 433-6680
 Fax No. (415) 421-2641
 Email: SanFranciscoPC@aol.com
Alaska, Northern California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Reno Nevada, Utah, Washington
Philippine Consulate or Embassy in other countries
 Sydney, Australia
 Canberra, Australia
 Ottawa, Canada
 Toronto, Canada
 Beijing, China
 Guangzhou, China
 Osaka, Japan
 Shanghai, China
 Hongkong, China
 London, England
 Berlin, Germany
 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
 Moscow, Russia
 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
 Pretoria, South Africa
 Berne, Switzerland
 Bangkok, Thailand
 Ankara, Turkey

  click here

 Frequently Asked Questions
I am an alien whose country has an immigration reciprocity agreement with the Philippines. I am also married to a Filipina. Am I qualified to apply for a permanent residence visa? YES, click here for more.
I am married to a Filipina.  Under your regulation  I am a restricted national, will I be eligible for a permanent residence visa? NO, click here for more.
Who are qualified for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)? An alien spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old of any Philippine citizen may apply for TRV. TRV is valid for a probationary period of one (1) year. Thereafter, it may be extended every two (2) years. Click here for more
Can a natural-born Filipino who is now an American own land in the Philippines?

YES. Any natural-born citizen who has lost his Philippine citizenship may acquire a private land up to a maximum area of five thousand (5,000) square meters in the case of urban land or three (3) hectares in the case of rural land to be used by him/her for business or other purposes. In the case of married couples, one of them may avail of the privilege herein granted (please see Republic. Act 8179, Sec 10).

A person may acquire not more that two (2) lots which should be situated in different municipalities or cities anywhere in the Philippines, provided that the total area of those lots do not exceed 5,000 sq. meters for urban land or three (3) hectares for rural land for use as residence. Click here for more info

Philippine Passport Questions?
Need a Philippine passport? How do I renew a Philippine passport? How do I change the last name on my passport? How can I replace a lost Philippine passport?  Click here for more info
Philippine Visa Requirements?
US passport holders visiting the Philippines as a tourist for 21 days at most.  A visa can be obtained if you want to stay longer than 21 days. IT MUST BE OBTAINED FROM THE PHILIPPINE CONSULATE OR EMBASSY PRIOR TO YOUR DEPARTURE IN THE U.S.

Basically, the applicant must fill up the application form and submit a passport sized photo, a passport whose validity is at least six months beyond the length of proposed stay in the Philippines, proof of financial capacity and a photocopy of the applicant's airline ticket or travel itinerary. Click here for more
Overseas Absentee Voting Act
An Act providing for a system of overseas absentee voting by qualified citizens of the Philippines abroad, appropriating funds therefore, and for other purposes.

Please read the rules carefully. Pay particular attention to Sections 5d and 24.

Overseas Absentee Voting Application for Registration and Certification Form

Documentary Requirements Needed for Absentee Voting Registration

 Philippine Government Agencies
 Philippine Bureau of Immigration
 Immigration Laws of the Philippines
 Philippine Immigration Forms Online
 Philippine Immigration Fees
 Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs 
.Philippine Commission of Filipinos Overseas
 Philippine National Statistics Office
 Rules on Changing your Birth Name due to Typo.

Authority to correct clerical or typographical error and to change first name or nickname. – The city/municipal civil registrar, Consul General, including the Clerk of the Shari’a Court in his capacity as District or Circuit Registrar of Muslim Marriages, Divorces, Revocations of Divorces and Conversions, are hereby authorized to correct clerical or typographical error and to change first name or nickname in the civil register.

Use Xoom to Send Money to the Philippines


  Please! Sign our Guestbook...

[ FAQs ] [ Contents ] [ Contact US! ] [ Search

[ Home ] [ About US ] [ Cebu ] [ Visit Cebu ] [ Friendship ] [ Immigration ] [ Links ] [ Store ]

Cebu on Wheels Home Page Disclaimers    

Site last Updated: 13 April, 2007